The benefits of email marketing for e-commerce stores are astronomical. Without it, sales gains are slow. The value of having a contact list of interested consumers of your product can have an incredible return for online sales revenue, and followers of your brand become loyal consumers who are a direct result of the efforts you put into great marketing of your product and overall brand.
I love hearing the “cha-ching!” sound every time the Shopify app records a new sale, who doesn’t? For even bigger companies, I know you’re still running the sales numbers on a daily, if not biweekly basis to check your sales numbers. It’s exhilarating to see your efforts pay off!
Are you running your own e-commerce operation and know there are more potential sales gains you could be making from each and every email blast you send out? There are many ways to optimize your campaign strategy, such as looking into segmentation options, changing up your email frequency, or allowing user-choice. Any of these I would be happy to help you with if we work together!
Without further ado, here is my list of proven facts about email marketing…
Benefits of Email Marketing:
1. Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring customers than social media.
2. It helps increase your website traffic and enhances your search engine presence.
3. People are impulsive. Incentives DO promote purchases.
4. Email is the proven best method of driving material sales.
5. Email newsletters can help you build your online community and grow your social media following.
6. Custom landing pages linked in your emails can increase conversion rates by more than 25%.
7. Every e-mail is an opportunity to learn more about your customer.
8. Personalized e-mail offerings are key, resulting in nearly 10x more responses. Even better, personalized subject lines generate 50% higher open rates.
9. For every $1 you spend on email marketing, you can expect an average return of $42.
10. Research shows that email marketing tops the chart in comparison to organic search, paid search, and social media when it comes to customer acquisition & retention.
11. Sending abandoned cart emails result in 69% more orders than a single email.
12. Customers genuinely ENJOY hearing from you. 49% of consumers want to hear from their favorite brands on a weekly basis.
13. Email marketing helps you target your audience in a cost-effective way compared to direct mail or advertising.
14. Emails keep you top of mind for your products and keep your consumers actively engaged.
15. With email marketing, you can control your brand message and amplify your storytelling, which increases the loyalty of your customer base.
I hope your business is already on the email marketing train. If not, I hope this article helps you decide to lean into a robust email marketing strategy to grow your business, especially if you’re interested in converting your brick & mortar store to an e-commerce store (or adding an online sales channel). If you’d like to get started, or simply improve your email marketing efforts, I am a passionate email marketer that’s ready to help. Let’s chat!